Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 at 11:53
Subject: Kildallan Solar Farm Website
To: Kieran O'Connor <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Cc: Fred Tottenham <email@example.com>, Project Kildallan <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Seamus Carey <email@example.com>
Both Gravis and Harmony have reviewed the website content. We note that there are still some visuals to be added to a ‘Project’ Section – Can you please create this section and include the ‘typical project details’ visuals used for Cortown Solar Farm website https://cortownsolarfarm.ie/documents/ .
Just include a placeholder for the Site Location Plan for now as this will follow shortly. We are hoping you can finalise the website by Friday. Can you confirm this is achievable?
In the meantime, can you please update the website as follows:
Website link : https://kildallansolarfarm.ie/
- Update text – ‘Harmony Solar Kildallan Ltd. intends to apply to Westmeath County Council for planning permission for the development of a solar farm within the townlands of Balroe, Kildallan North, Ballysallagh (Tuite), Ballysallagh (Fox), Toor Common, Kill, Ballyhug and Ballyhoreen Co. Westmeath, approximately 1.3km east of Ballynacargy village and 9.7km northwest of the town of Mullingar’ – update the text as stated for now but we still need to confirm the townland names – confirmation will be sent across alongside the site location plan which will follow in due course.
- Full stop needed at end of 2nd para
- Change “approximately 129.06 hectares” to 129 hectares.
- Remove sentence – ‘The Western Parcel contains the townlands of Ballysallagh Fox, Ballysallagh Tuite, Toor Common (c. 58.97 ha). The Northern Parcel (c. 30.73 ha) contains the townlands of Ballyhug, Ballyhoreen, Balroe and the Southern Parcel (c. 39.35 ha) contains the townlands of Ballyhug, Kill and Kildallan North’.
- Add description of the grid route in the Welcome page – Add to third para: ‘An underground cable will also connect the solar farm to the national electricity grid. This cable will run for approximately 6.8km below the public road (R393)’.
- ABOUT THIS PROJECT
- Last sentence in ‘Applicant and Wider Team’ section – reference to ‘Harmony Solar Milltown Ltd’ – this should read ‘Harmony Solar Kildallan Ltd’.
- Change 5th last para to “Electricity will be exported to the national electricity grid through a connection to existing 110kV overhead power lines, located approximately 6.8km from the proposed solar farm site. The grid connection will be installed as an underground cable in the public road”.
- 3rd last para. Remove “of land”
- Please see comments on the attached word doc to update this section.
- Application Process
- Add ‘Traffic and Transport’ to bullet points.
- Change “will be lodged early next year” to “will be lodged in the first half of 2024”.
- Remove sentence: “This will be done through a combination of measures, recommended by specialists which may include: Exclusion zones for archaeology, badgers, bats, etc.; and Enhancements for biodiversity such as the inclusion of bat boxes and insect hotels.”
- Provide Feedback
- All submissions must be sent to Kildallan@harmonysolar.ie by 22nd September 2023.
- Change “Harmony Solar have” to “Harmony Solar has”
Any queries on the above, just let me know.
Company Registration Number: NI 54223 VAT Number: 839 4999 51. The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others explicitly authorised to receive it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your computer. Any disclosure, copying or distribution of the information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Viruses: Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.